Key points for upcoming changes
- Reasons for change
- What will be changed
- What will PvE look like?
- How the reward is calculated
- The role of equipment in PvE
- Final word
Reasons for change
- Balancing rewards with a changing number of players is difficult;
- The system should balance itself with minimal developer intervention;
- The “ceiling” in the leveling up of top teams deprives the competitive spirit and harms the development of the game.
What will be changed
- There will be no more difficulties / locations in the usual sense: they will serve as elements of the lore, but will not directly affect the player’s earnings;
- A division into 2 big leagues will be introduced: up to 7000 strength and 7000+ strength. Each league — its own reward pool.
- The minimum number of battles for the current day to receive a reward — 5 winning games.
- The player’s rating is introduced: it grows with a victory, it goes down with a defeat. Rating directly affects the difficulty of opponents in battle.
- The reward is calculated basing on the position in the rating table. Accrual takes place on the day following the reporting day (played today — during the next day received a reward)
- At the time of the introduction of the changes, all players will be assigned a rating of 100 points. Further rating values will depend on the statistics of wins and losses of a particular player.
- 1 battle requires 5 units of energy.
What will PvE look like?
The usual “Battle” window will now have 2 sections — Junior League (<7000 strength) and Major League (7000+ strength).
In each section, you will find a team selection block, as well as an overall league rating with highlighting your position and data on it.
The chest with the reward will remain in the same place, the timer will show the time until the opportunity to collect the reward for the past day.
How the reward is calculated
The general pool will be divided between the players, according to their position in the ranking. The formula for calculating the reward will be published later, will be based on Y=1/kx+b, where Y— the weight of the player’s reward in the general pool, x — the player’s place in the rating, and k and b -variables for tuning (smooth the distribution curve and control the slope graphics).
In simple words: the higher the position in the rating — the more the player will receive. MUCH MORE. The lower the position — the smaller, but the gap from the “neighbors” in the rating will not be as significant as in the upper positions. There will no longer be a situation where “the one who is lower/weaker gets more than me”!
The role of equipment in PvE
With equipment it will be much easier and faster to climb the rating. And for those who operate teams of heroes of high rarity, it will be the best solution at all: leveling a hero at high levels becomes expensive, and the increase is not so significant.
Example: to increase the strength of the team from 120k to 140k, you need to evolve several characters (and for this you need to buy more cards) and invest a sufficient amount of FUR in their leveling up.
Just wonder how much FUR you can sell weapons and armor to these players? After all, equipment can give a boost to each hero up to 20% attack and health.
The battle for strength and positions in the ranking will be endless and justified: after all, TOP-10 positions will share several percent of the pool every day!
I am not a TOP. How can I take advantage of this situation?
Get resources, create weapons and armor. When equipment of rarity “rare” and higher drops out, you can sell it to TOPs — they will gladly buy it to strengthen the team. Or you can equip your characters: before the introduction of PvP, the prices for equipping and repairing are reduced (use it in a right way)!
Any changes in the gameplay are aimed at increasing the interest of the players and the development of the project. With these changes, you will be able to:
- Prove to everyone that skill decides. You can climb higher in the ranking than the owners of the top teams.
- To be calm that the distribution of awards is as fair as possible.
- No doubt about the demand for resources and combat equipment (and also raids, defenses, guild wars …. wow)
Take your place in the changing world of Pagan Gods! Warrior, earner or craftsman — there is a place for everyone!